WHAT’S THE COST OF RUNNING GOBRIGHT LIGHTS LIGHTING SYSTEM?
One of the top questions we get asked a lot from existing, and potential customers is: “How much does it cost to run GoBright Lights Lighting System?”
We thought it would be beneficial to provide some background information before we go further into this topic. Here’s some information below on LED lights:
- Commercial-grade LED bulbs have a lifespan of anywhere between 50,000-100,000 hours.
- That’s 50-100 times more than incandescent bulbs.
- You could save $4000 over 20 years by switching to LEDs from traditional incandescent bulbs.
- As LED technology continues to improve, the cost of LEDs will continue to go down, and with the worldwide adoption of LED technology, the demand will create a lower cost.
Calculating the cost of running Track Lighting by GoBright Lights
There are some variables involved for the cost of running the GoBright Lights Lighting System, those factors are below:
- The size of your home and the number of lights on your system.
- The amount of time you run your lights per day.
- The kilowatt hour rate in your area.
The average size home (with 150 linear feet of roofline) will require 180 GoBright pixels.
At maximum capacity, GoBright LED lights pull 1 watt/bulb.
Therefore, if you were to run the track lighting system for an average of 8 hours per day, it would cost:
$3.24 per month, or $38.92 per year.
Note: These calculations are based on the maximum power draw of our pixels (1 watt/pixel) while both bright white + warm white are on at a 7.40¢ kilowatt hour rate. Usually, most customers using the track lighting system select a coloured or architectural pattern. This would result in using 30% to 60% less power than this scenario suggests.